Sunday, January 15, 2012

Technique Blog Hop - Argyle Technique

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month we are highlighting the Argyle Technique as shown on page 91 of the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  If you would like to start from the beginning, please visit this link.  While there you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way.  Let’s get started!


If you've arrived from Lisa's Blog you are on the right track! I've been enjoying simple designs lately so when I saw a card on page 114 of the current Simply Handmade Magazine (Northridge Publishing.com) and I knew I had to do my version of it. 






I started out by using the capital letter 'V' from The Works Alphabet and Grey Wool Ink. Once the first row was finished I turned my block and stamped in the open spaces of the first row.






I continued this alternating process until the whole 4 x 4 card front was created. Once I got going it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would!




I finished my card off with a scrap of black cardstock and the Irresistibles Lots of Dots set to finish off my sentiment. Of course I had to add a little bling to my felt flower!


Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to know what you thought of my card so please leave me a comment below.  Please continue onto Judy's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Happy Hopping! 

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): 
Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock
Stamps: The Works Alphabet (D1195)
Ink: Grey Flannel (Z2125), Grey Flannel Exclusive Inks Marker (Z2324)
Other: Lots of Dots Irresistibles (Z1261), Sparkles (BULK232), 3D Foam Tape (Z1151), Felt Heart

8 comments:

  1. Wow...this is great. It took me a minute to find the "v"....great use of the stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I like how the V's at first look like a great squiggle pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I like how it looks like a zigzag pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who know a V could look so great - love it

    ReplyDelete