Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Clean and Simple Cards Day 1

I recently signed up for an on-line card class to sharpen my clean and simple card skills. The teachers are fabulous and the ideas are AMAZING!


Day's 1 class was about sketches. I loved the square sketch they provided and decided to make some baby cards (there are 3 neighbors on my street due within the next month or two so this is perfect prep)!


I went monochromatic for each card which I thought gave it a nice soft feel for the baby cards. The sentiment came from the January SOTM, Little Reminder.


I used my piercing ruler and tool to create faux stitching lines. This helps to define the stamped area and offer a bit of contrast.


Do you have a favorite color? Out of the three I think the pink is my favorite although green is very close too.

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): 
Paper: Pastels (American Crafts)
Stamps: Rock The Block, January SOTM
Ink: Grey Flannel, Sweet Leaf, Buttercup, Blush, Grey Flannel Marker
Other: Piercing Tool, Ruler, 3D Foam Tape, Baby Embellishments (Michael's)

1 comment:

  1. These are really cute! I love the way you did the faux stitching, and the little flowers are just right.

    ReplyDelete