Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cricut Wedding Card

I've been wanting to try the card feature on the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge for some time now. So, when I was asked to make a wedding card I was instantly inspired by this one from Jeannette Lynton's Shape-A-Day blog posts.

For this card I used the Card Feature on page 35 to cut <Rctngle5>. I wanted this card to be 5 x 7 so in order to get it as close as possible I set my Cricut at 6 3/4" (it took about 3 cuts to figure that one out).



For the card front border I used the Layer Feature on p. 35 <Rctngle5>. It's a hair smaller than the cut-out on the card so I made this cut twice and "sandwiched" the cutout on both sides of the card.


My customer loved it and so do I!

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): 
Paper: Vanilla Cream Cardstock, Bliss B&T (retired), Barn Red Cardstock
Stamps: Butterfly Wings
Ink: Barn Red, Archival Black
Other: X-Acto Knife, Opaque Pearls, Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, Just Blooms Paper Shapes - Flutter, Corner Rounder

1 comment: