Sunday, August 4, 2013

Artbooking in August - 2 Page Layout



Welcome to the Artbooking in August blog hop! Each Monday in August approximately 40 consultants will be sharing their creations using the new Artbooking Cricut Cartridge. So, set your alarm (or better yet sign up for email notifications of my blog posts) and then sit back and get ready to be inspired by the amazing creativity and craftiness of my fellow consultants. If you are coming from Emily Anderson's blog you are on the right track.

Right page
The first challenge was to create a 2 page layout. I will admit the only "challenge" to this week was picking out the paper and deciding on which of the many layouts to choose from. I opted to use Nursery Layout #2 (page 84 of the handbook) and the now retired Lucy paper.

Left Page
This layout came together in a snap...literally it took minutes! I set my dial size to the recommended 11" and just pushed buttons. I could very easily have just used the cut pieces and 2 sheets of cardstock and had a fantastically cute layout. But instead, I decided to take it one step further and add a little pop!

Sanding & Distressing
I started out by lightly sanding the Slate cardstock with my sanding block. This way I could ensure my embellishments stood out from the rest of the sheet. Next I used my sponge and Blush ink to distress all of the frames.

Title on left page
The title of this page, Sweet, Sassy and Beautiful, spans both pages. On the left page I backed the cricut cut, "Sweet" with pattern paper.

Title on right page
I knew I wanted to use the sentiment "Sassy and Beautiful" on the right page so I chose to use the inside cuts of the recommended 4 x 4 photo mats to leave a little more space. My photos ended up being 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" instead of 4" x 4" photos as shown on the layout in the handbook.

Zip Strip Border
The border on the center of the right was created with leftover zip strips and a small strip of pattern B&T paper!  Such an easy and economical way to add visual interest without cutting a whole sheet of paper.

Flower Embellishments
The flowers were cut with my Art Philosophy Cartridge and stamped with the coordinating Lucy WOTG stamp set. The set is retired but any flower stamp or other flower embellishment would work here. I folded the edges for depth and added a few sparkles for a little bling.

Banner with Liquid Glass
For the banner on the right page,I decided to pop it up with 3D foam tape. I also added scraps of pink cardstock and liquid glass to the hearts. It's hard to see in the photo but the liquid glass gives the heart such a wonderful shine!

Once everything was adhered to my base pages I added a few extra rub-on butterflies and this layout was done! I love the way it turned out and hope you do too. Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts.

Now hop on over to Cassandra Bennett's blog to see what she created. I'll see you next week for Challenge #2, Artbooking and Cards.

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): 
Paper: Lucy B&T (retired), Slate Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: Lucy WOTG (retired)
Ink: Slate, Creme Brulee, Blush  
Other: Artbooking Cricut Cartridge, My Reflections Lucy Rub-ons (retired), Sanding Block, Sparkles Assortment (Z1752), Paper Piercer, Spnge, Liquid Glass, Cricut Art Philosophy

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable- I mean the page but I do like the pics of your baby better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and what an adorable little girl too! Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet layout and extra sweet using one of my favourite paper packs, Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your LO! Makes me want to break out my remaining Lucy scraps! Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an adorable layout. Love the banner and title cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this... I love the Lucy paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout really is "sweet"! Great job on adding all the elements to make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly beautiful layout! That little girl is adorable and all the design elements you chose make her stand out prominently. Love these pages!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO PRETTY! Love the LO and the little girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable layout! I love the little banner. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you used the Luck paper with the grey cardstock. Great color combination.

    ReplyDelete