Sunday, August 18, 2013

Artbooking Birthday Mini-Album


Welcome to week 3 of the Artbooking in August Blog Hop. Each Monday in August approximately 35 consultants will showcase creative ways to use the new Artbooking cartridge. The blog hop is a great big circle but if you get lost along the way please go HERE for a complete list of participants.

If you're coming from Emily's blog you are on the right track! This week the challenge was to create a mini-album.  I've already created a Vacation mini (see post HERE) so this week I used the 7 x 5 Top Secret Mini-Album featured on pages 42 & 43 of the handbook to document my son's 10th birthday party!

I decided not to pre-plan this album (a little scary for me but it is a challenge after all) so I started out by cutting all the photo mat pages with the Pro-Player B&T papers

Next, I cut the coordinating accents from the cardstock that comes in the Pro-Player pack. I chose to keep stamping to a minimum and only used the notebook paper stamp image that comes with the Artbooking Cartridge.



Once I printed out my photos I began the assembly process. This part came together pretty easily. Honestly, the hardest part was selecting which photos to use!




 





After I had everything adhered to the mini-album I went back and added my embellishments  To keep things simple I only used the Pro-Player AssortmentCanvas Alphabet (colored with Ruby Markers) and Keyboard Craft Alphabet (FYI: Even with all the letters I used in this album I STILL have a ton of letters left from this set!). 



For added contrast I used my Metallics Marker to color the raised portions of the corrugated cardboard shapes in the Pro-Player Assortment pack.



Unlike some of the other mini-albums from the Artbooking Cartridge, this one does not have holes to bind it. I decided to use my crop-o-dile to cut 1/4" holes 2" from each end and tied with the Harvest Baker's Twine. It actually feels quite sturdy and allows for room with my 3D embellishments!

I hope you've enjoyed this album as much as I've enjoyed sharing it with you. I have already presented it to my son and he was blown away by it! I'm going to consider this project a success!

Now hop on over to Cassandra's blog to see what she's come up with!


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): 

Paper: Prop-Player Pack
Stamps: Take Note (Cricut Bundle)
Ink: Black
Other: Pro-Player Assortment, Harvest Baker's Twine, Keyboard Kraft Alphabet, Canvas Alphabet, Sparkles Assortment, Ruby Markers, Metallics Marker

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous mini book - filled with so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just ADORABLE! You've done a wonderful job, and what a special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! You did a wonderful job putting this together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out fabulous for no pre-planning! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job!! This mini book gave me an idea - I have so many 'extra' pictures of my sons - this would be perfect gift for each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very cute, and colorful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this mini album, Cant wait to try to make one for my son. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great album! Awesome paper for boys. Love your album.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete