Sunday, August 11, 2013

Artbooking Thank You Cards

Welcome to week 2 of the Artbooking in August Blog Hop. Each Monday in August approximately 35 consultants will showcase creative ways to use the new Artbooking cartridge. The blog hop is a great big circle but if you get lost along the way please go HERE for a complete list of participants.

Last week the focus was a 2 page scrapbook layout. Today's challenge is to use the cartridge to make a card.


If you're here from Emily's blog you are on the right track! Today I have two Thank You cards to share using the Overlay button and hexagon shape on page 67 of the guidebook.


I started out by cutting a full page overlay at 11." I carefully peeled the overlay off and stamped the remaining pieces with the Honeycomb stamp set (love that CTMH designed the cartridge to retrofit existing stamp sets! Pure brilliance!!) I placed some of the pieces on Outdoor Denim cardstock and outlined them with the Chalk Marker. I finished the card with A True Thank You stamp set, one of the new $2.95 stamp sets.


The second card uses the overlay itself along with a few of the hexagon pieces. I trimmed the overlay to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and adhered it to Lagoon cardstock. I filled in a portion of the overlay with hexagon pieces and stamped "Thanks." Both of these cards are great for bulk card making sessions and require very little supplies!

I hope you've enjoyed my cards. I would love to know which one is your favorite so please leave me a comment. Now, hop on over to Cassandra's blog to see the fabulous work she's created.

Till next week...

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): 
Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Outdoor Denim Cardstock
Stamps: A True Thank You, Honeycomb, Alphabet
Ink: Pear, Slate, Outdoor Denim, Lagoon, Colonial White, Black
Other: Artbooking Cricut Cartridge, Chalkboard Marker

7 comments:

  1. Both are GREAT cards. If I had to pick a favorite, I think it would be the darker one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE your cards! I want to go cut a honeycomb overlay right now and make some :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not get enough of the hexagons and these two cards are terrific. I do not think I would even give them away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are great - I really enjoy getting ideas for more masculine cards. The first one is my favorite because I LOVE how the Outdoor Denim contrasts with the white stitching and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards and love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!! Love the colors and the concept for the design! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I gotta get the chalk marker! Love these cards. Both are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete