Sunday, August 25, 2013

Artbooking Home Decor Canvas


Welcome to the final week of the Artbooking in August Blog Hop. Each Monday in August CTMH consultants will showcase creative ways to use the new Artbooking cartridge. If you are joining us for the first time, welcome! Here is a summary of challenges we've created along with links to the projects:


Week 2: Card
Week 3: Mini- Album (Birthday and Vacation)
Week 4: Home Decor or 3D Item

The blog hop is a great big circle but if you get lost along the way please go HERE for a complete list of participants. If you're coming from Emily's blog you are on the right track! 



This week I created a 6 x 6 canvas wall hanging inspired by the artwork on page 42 of the Idea Book.  I started out by creating a template in Cricut Craft Room using the layers feature. Doing this allows you to get your proportions correct and eliminate unnecessary cuts or waste.



Once I was happy with my design I removed the square shapes from my layers since those can be cut by hand which left me with only the Artbooking elements to cut. For this canvas piece I used the Border on page 72 and the "family" sentiment on page 67. 



For some added dimension I cut the "family" sentiment 3 times and layered them together with my Bonding Memories Blue. I've found that when it comes to Artbooking and these intricate shapes a liquid glue with a small tip (like this one) is a lifesaver!

I would love to know what you think. Please leave me a comment and then hop to Cassandra's blog  to see what she's created! 


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): 
Paper: Huntington Paper Pack
Stamps: n/a
Ink: Barn Red
Other: Artbooking Cricut Cartridge, 6 x 6 Canvas, Mini-Medley, Cricut Craft Room, Bonding Memories Glue, Sponge

8 comments:

  1. I love your canvas idea!! I am going to have to steal it! :) I was so excited to see that you used the same idea with the Cricut Craft Room - it is a great way to see the final cuts of your design. Thank you for the beautiful artwork that you contributed to this first-ever blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful keepsake this is. Love how you mounted the title on 3-d foam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I see grandparent christmas gifts in this. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Love your 6 x 6 canvas! Very cool!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out just beautiful! Clean and elegant, and I love the family title combined with that beautiful vine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I also love CCR.

    ReplyDelete