Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hair Bow Organization

I recently saw this project in the Simply Handmade Magazine and I knew I had to re-create it for my daughter.

It was such a quick project to make as I already had a ton of ribbon and some leftover felt (not sure why I had that to begin with).

I tried running the felt through my cricut to cut the heart shapes but because of the adhesive backing on the felt that didn't work. So instead I used my cricut to cut heart templates on paper and pinned them to the felt which I hand-cut. The large purple heart was cut twice.



Once they were cut I layered each piece and hand sewed with white embroidery floss. Before the two purple layers were completely sewed I stuffed the heart with filling to give it some dimension and also attached the ribbon to both the top and bottom.


I used a small command strip on the back of her bathroom door to hold her organizer. Boy does this make morning routine quicker...no more searching in a plastic bag for hair bows!


P.S. My super awesome co-worker and friend, Maureen, makes the hair bows. She is awesome!!

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): 
Paper: White Cardstock (on hand)
Stamps: none
Ink: none
Other: Felt (Walmart), Ribbon (from stash), Embroidery Floss (from stash)

No comments:

Post a Comment