Saturday, October 1, 2011

3-D Gift Bag Tutorial

Yesterday I showed you a Christmas Gift Bag for my October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop. Today I'm going to explain exactly how I made it.

1. Using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge cut the Treat Bag (p 23, Shift, Font Layer Bag) with the fit to page option selected. Ink edges with Chocolate Ink. Do not assemble yet! Note: if you are looking at the Cricut Overlay the treat bag is is row 1, 3rd button.

2. Cut the remaining pieces for the project and ink edges with Chocolate Ink:
    * Colonial White Cardstock: 1 1/2" x 3"
    * Topiary Cardstock: 2" x 3"
    * Believe B&T (Stripe): 3 1/4" x 1 1/2"
    * Believe B&T (Plaid): 2 3/4" x 1"
    * Chocolate Cardstock: 3 1/4" x 1 3/4"

3. Curve the "Tis the season to..." sentiment on your MyAcrylix block to match the curve in the bag handle and stamp with Topiary Ink. I find it easiest to place the uninked stamp on the curved item first and then put the block on. This helps maintain the curve shape without a lot of re-adjusting.


4. Stamp the Tree Image 3 times in Topiary Ink on a 6" x 3 1/2" piece of Colonial White Cardstock. Trim all trees with scissors and ink edges with Topiary Ink. (You can ignore the tree base I stamped in the photo. I thought I would use it but it didn't fit on the bag)


4. Score each tree in the middle and fold so that the stamped side is in the inside. Once they are all folded adhere the unstamped pieces of the tree together. You want to leave a flat edge on the bottom so that you can adhere to the bag! Notice in my photo I folded one of the trees wrong. As you can tell I fixed it for the final project!


5. Assemble pieces as shown on the finished project! I find it easier to adhere all cut pieces to the bag first (except the tree) and then assemble the bag itself. Once the treat bag is secure then attach tree and finish off with Red Sparkles!

Here's a close-up of the finished project! Thanks for checking it out! Leave me a comment with your blog address so I can see your 3-D Treat Bag creation!
If you need any of the supplies listed in this project please contact your CTMH Consultant or shop my website: http://michellebattitori.myctmh.com/.
Supply List:
Paper - Believe (X7145B), Colonial White Cardstock (1388), Holiday Red Cardstock, Topiary Cardstock, Chocolate Cardstock (X5643)
Stamp - Holiday Magic (S1110)
Ink - Topiary, Chocolate
Other - Cricut AP Cartridge, Red Sparkles (Z1326) 

No comments:

Post a Comment