Sunday, April 3, 2011

Extreme Mojo Monday Card

Phew, I'm getting this card done just in the nick of time for this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. I saw this sketch on Monday and knew what I wanted to do with it but just couldn't get down to my playroom to put it on paper!


As you can tell I chose to go with the square card. I have 2 boys (and a little girl) and yet I never seem to make any boy cards. So, this week I did. I love how it turned out! It's fun and perfect for my almost 8 year old or one of his friends.


To make this 4" square card I used the motion stamping technique. It's so much fun to do and really makes images like this pop. To do it start by stamping the main image. Then, re-ink and stamp on top of what you just stamped again. Without re-inking, stamp the image to the left side a bit (2nd generation stamping) and then again (3rd generation stamping). To complete the motion on the right side I re-inked the image and stamped on a scratch piece of paper to remove a little of the ink. Then I stamped to the right of the original stamping. I finished up by moving to the right a tad more and stamped again.

If you'd like to make this same project here's a list of supplies (all CTMH unless otherwise stated). All items can be purchased from my website

Paper: Outdoor Denim Cardstock, You Rock Level 2 Paper (retired), White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: X-Treme (D1432), Simple Stitches (C1234), Alphabet (W189)
Ink: Goldrush, Olive, Outdoor Denim
Other: Button (stash), Colonial White Waxy Flax (Z1081)

~Michelle

4 comments:

  1. What a cute blog!!! I love the owls. Great card - I love the sketches, they're always so handy when creating! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card,love the stitching, great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool card. Awesome take on the sketch. Love your blog with the cute owls....

    ReplyDelete