Saturday, February 15, 2014

Technique Blog Hop - Washi Tape

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop! This month there are 12 of us highlighting Washi Tape!


This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.

If you are coming from Haley's Blog, you are on the right track!


So, you've probably heard of Washi tape but still might be confused on what it is. And no, I'm not accidentally misspelling wasabi, one of my favorite sushi condiments! Basically washi tape is really pretty masking tape. It's thin, translucent, repositionable and oh so fun to use!

Lollydoodle Paper

So, what's the point of using it over paper? It took me a while to answer that question myself. I like it because it's a super quick way to add variety to lots of projects...anything from candles and switch plate covers to cards scrapbook layouts, an folder tabs!

Timberline Paper

My favorite part though is that I can make bulk cards and tags super quickly without pulling out a lot of supplies. Both cards I made today use this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I started out with my basic supplies and ended up with some really fantastic and quick 5" x 7" birthday cards.

Tag Close Up

To make the tags I simply tore strips of washi tape and adhered them to my tags wrapping the edges around the back. I finished the tags with a some shimmer trim for some added bling and added a few embellishments for some extra pop! Here's what the tags looks liked before I added them to the cards:


If you'd like to make a card similar to mine here are my measurements:
  • 10" x 7" piece of cardstock folded at 5" to create a card base
  • Mat a 4" x 6" piece of pattern paper to a 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock
  • Add a 1" x 5" strip of coordinating paper in center of card. 
  • Decorate tag with washi tape and adhere to center of card
  • Embellish as desired

That's it! Fast. Simple. Easy. Thanks for checking out my post. Please hop to Judy's Blog to see what creative uses she came up!

Supplies Used (All CTMH Unless Otherwise Noted):
Paper: Colonial White Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Cotton Candy Cardstock, Honey Cardstock, Chocolate Cardstock, Timberline (X7182B), Lollydoodle (X7183B)
Stamps: Just a Number (D1514), Holiday Tags (D1560)
Ink: Black (Z2105)
Other: Gold Polka_Dot Washi Tape (Z1920), Smoothie Striped Washi Tape (Z1923), Chocolate Woodgrain Washi Tape (Z1930), Honey Triangles Washi Tape (Z1931), Shimmer Trim-Silver (Z1799), Shimmer Trim-Teal (Z1918), Dimensional Elements-Hearts (Z1735), Dimensional Elements-Signage (Z1902), 3D Foam Tape (Z1151), Bone Folder, Pink Buttons, Shipping Tags (Staples)

~Michelle Battitori

Mojo Monday Sketch:

No comments:

Post a Comment