Saturday, February 22, 2014

Everything ABC Blog Hop - 'D'



Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter 'D'. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. For this hop I'm focusing on a DisneyDimensional Elements, D-sized stamp, mini album! Specifically, I'm focusing on the products that coordinate with the Artiste Cartridge.



 If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy TherapyIf you came from Lauren's, CTMH Craftings blog then you're on the right track!

Last weekend we took our two youngest children to see a Disney On Ice show. We had a wonderful time and since they've mentioned it every day since I thought it would be nice to have a little memento for them to flip through at their leisure.

Dimensional Elements are what Close To My Heart calls it's chipboard shapes. CTMH has a variety of Dimensional Elements to choose from -- Complements (that coordinate with certain paper packs), "Naked" (plain chipboard like the ones that come with our Cricut Cartridges), and Irresistibles (pre-embossed Dimensional Elements). One of the sheets that came with the Artiste cartridge is the cute little mini-album I'm using.


Each Cricut cartridge comes with 3 Dimensional Elements sheets and 3 coordinating D-sized Stamp sets, making it super easy to add dimension and variety to our projects. My project focuses on the Dimensional Elemetns Album Pages that comes with the Artiste Cartridge (see page 60 of the Artiste handbook). The label tells me the proper dial size to use...in this case it's 3 3/4."


Once I decided on my paper choice, Skylark,  I went about cutting 2 of each shape, one for the front and one for the back. I adhered the paper with my Tombow adhesive.


I used a few different techniques to use with our Dimensional Elements sheets. The cover page focuses on our Irresistbles. I used my Juniper Alcohol Marker to color the letters. Because it's been embossed already the color only shows on the non-embossed portions.



On the 2nd page I stamped an image from one of the Artiste stamp sets and accentuated the page with one of the Skylark Complements pieces. 


For page 3 I used my Cricut to cut the star image from the Artiste Collection and stamped it with Sweet Leaf Ink. 


Page 4 didn't use any Dimensional Elements so I opted to add a little bling with our Silver Shimmer Trim...after all, Princess Ariel likes her shiny "thing-a-ma-bobs!"


For page 5, I cut the word bubble shape from the Artiste Cartridge at 1 1/2" (p. 65, Shift + Accent 2 <B>) using Brown Bag cardstock. I inked the border of the coordinating stamp, "thanks" with Brown Bag Ink and used it as a journaling spot.


For page 6 I went back to the Skylark Complements. I also stamped the arrow image from Word Balloons Stamp Set and trimmed with my scissors. 



For page 7 I covered the Dimensional Element shape with B&T paper and a little bit of Washi Tape. I also stamped a sentiment from the Kudos Stamp Set.



I kept page 8 very simple by adding a small strip of Silver Shimmer Trip. The top sentiment, Perfect Day, was trimmed from a zip strip and popped up with 3D Foam Tape.


For page 9 I used my Cricut Artiste to cut a banner shape out of B&T paper (p. 58, Shift + Accent 3 <K>). I stamped the coordinating image from the Birthday Collection Stamp set and adhered to the page.


For page 10 I went back to the Skylark Complements (I'm totally in love with them). I also added a little of Shimmer Tape tabs along the top.


I finished off my little mini just as I started...with some Irresistibles and a picture of the finale! 


And the back cover:

Supplies (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Skylark (X7177B), Crystal Blue Cardstock (1292), Sweet Leaf Cardstock  (X5639), Brown Bag Cardstock (, White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
Stamps: Cricut Artiste Kudos, Cricut Artiste Balloon Wishes, Cricut Artiste Birthday
Ink: Crystal Blue (Z2117), Juniper (Z2165), Chocoalte (Z2111), Saddle Cardstock (X5928), Sweet Leaf (Z2153)
Other: Cricut Artiste Cartridge (XXX), Dimensional Elements Album Pages (Z1791), Dimensional Elements Awards (Z1792), Dimensional Elements Quotes (Z1793), Irresistible Houndstooth Alphabet (retired), Skylark Complements (X7177C), Silver Shimmer Trim (Z1799), 3D Foam Tape (Z1151)



Thank you for stopping by and checking out my project. I hope it inspires you to create use your Dimensional Elements Album Pages for a little mini project of your own! Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Catherine at Catscrapbooking.

~Michelle Battitori

Here's the entire hop in case you get lost along the way :):

1. Linda Norman- Scrappy Therapy 
2. Lauren Moore- CTMH Craftings
3. Michelle Battitori - that's me!
4. Catherine Nowak ~ Catscrapbooking 
5. Jenny Gilbert - Jen's Creative Classroom 
6.  Lisa Plummer - Flaunt Your Creativity
7. Cary Magnani - My Heart's Design 
8. Shalana Glass - Scrappin with Shalana 
9. Pam Trostle - Pam's Crafty Creations 
10. Michele Pryor - Michele's Ink It Stamp It 
11. Sharon Chapman - PaperFiesta
12 Anita Autore -  Cards and Coffee 


No comments:

Post a Comment