Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop! This month we are highlighting the Glitz Technique as shown on page 35 of the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book! This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. If you would like to start from the beginning, please visit this link. While there you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way. Let’s get started!
If you've been following my 12 Days of Christmas Cards don't worry...the series will continue tomorrow! If you would like to check it out please start here!
I love the Glitz Glitter Gel for many reasons. Not only does it go on smoothly, but once it dries it stays put! Don't you hate when you work with glitter and it ends up everywhere. Sometimes I still find flecks of it on my face. Not with this stuff!
If you would like a tutorial on how I made this project please continue reading. Otherwise, please continue on to Judy's Blog !
Supply List (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Believe Level 2 (X7415B), Grey Wool Cardstock, Topiary Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock
Ink: Grey Wool (Z2125), Topiary (Z2115)
Stamps: A Holiday (A1115), Classmate Alphabet (D1303)
Other: Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, Dimensional Elements Banner (Z1685), Color Ready Alphabet (X5749), Embroidery floss (Z1094), Mistletoe Level 2 Assortment (Z1330), Colonial White Ribbon Rounds (Z1126), Piercing Tool Kit (Z337), Sanding Block, Mini Glue Dots, Ruler (Z1471)
If you would like to repeat this layout first gather your supplies (see supply list above). OK, let's get started:
1. Start by cutting your papers using the Bottom Border-Footnotes sketch from the Reflections How-To Book. Note, I triple matted my photo to help it stand out!
2. For the base cardstock, score vertical lines using the following pattern: 3/4", 3/4", 1/4", 3/4". Repeat until entire base is scored. Use sanding tools on score lines to show the white core of the cardstock (love this feature!).
3. Ink all edges of paper with Grey Wool Ink.
4. Use the new Ruler to pierce stitching lines on Topiary Cardstock. Sew using Embroidery Floss. Note: I like to tape the ends of the floss on the backside with Scotch tape.
5. Cut the following with your Cricut:
- p. 29, Decorate Layer, <Banner2> at 2". Cut 4 of these and attach to Dimensional Elements Banners.
- p. 46, Shift, <Leaf3> at 2 1/4"
- p. 46, Shift <Leaf3> at 1 3/4"
8. Using your Holiday Red Marker, color letters "N", "O" and exclamation point found on Color Ready Alphabet, Oxford Caps.
|Step # 8 & 9|
9. Assemble layout and embellish with Ribbon and Mistletoe Embellishments.
Thanks for stopping by! Please continue onto Judy's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!