Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mojo Monday 219

Two posts in one day? I'm on fire lately! Actually, I was working on another project this morning and took a break to hop on Mojo Monday's blog. As soon as I saw the sketch I was instantly inspired to drop everything and make this card.


I used the new zip strip from the pattern paper to create the accordion flower. You can't really tell but the strip repeats the sentiment "Here comes Santa Claus. Ho Ho Ho. He's a jolly ol' soul. Who's been naughty? Who's been nice?" It goes perfectly with my stamped Santa.


To make jolly ol' Santa stand out a bit I used my water color pencils to color his jacket and some Liquid Applique and Prisma Glitter to puff up part of his coat and hat and add some sparkle.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Here's the sketch I used.


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): 
Paper: Believe Level 2 B&T, Topiary Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: Believe WOTG
Ink: Black, Holiday Red, Topiary, Garden Green
Other: Ruler, Essential Brads, Liquid Applique, Prisma Glitter, Button (from stash), Black Embroidery Floss

No comments:

Post a Comment