Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mojo Monday 191 - Celebrate!

Each week, the Mojo Monday blog publishes a new card sketch. This week I was inspired by the sketch to create a fun and simple birthday card for my son's friend.


To make the card I stamped the balloon from the Fanafare WOTG stamp set 3 times in Indian Corn Blue Ink. Then, I stamped the same balloon twice with Honey Ink and trimmed out. On those balloons I also stamped the star image using Olive ink. I trimmed the balloons out and used 3-D foam tape to pop up.

The balloon strings were created using Black Hemp. To get them to stay I used a small bead of Liquid Glass (this stuff is amazing!!) and topped them with a small piece of You Rock B&T paper. The Celebrate sentiment was stamped twice using the Salutation Seals stamp set and Outdoor Denim and Honey Ink. I trimmed both and paper pieced them together.

Thanks for checking it out!

Supplies Used (all CTMH unless otherwise stated):
Paper: You Rock (retired), White Daisey Cardstock
Stamps: Fanfare (WOTG B1377), Salutation Seals (C1461), Party Pennants (C1429)
Ink: Outdoor Denim, Honey, Olive, Indian Corn Blue
Other: Black Hemp (Z282), 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151), Liquid Glass (Z679), Autumn Harvest Brads (Z1215)

No comments:

Post a Comment