Thursday, May 26, 2011

1st B-Day Celebration

This week is my birthday and I'm celebrating by sharing birthday layouts of me and my family. I love scrapping birthday layouts. Generally everyone is having a great time and remembering the funny things that happened during the parties always brings a smile to my face!


Today I'm sharing my little Gino's first birthday. You probably already recognize him (and the shirt) from the Follow Your Dreams Layout I shared earlier. The party started out a little rough considering our guest of honor decided to take an extra long nap (like 40 minutes into the party) and when we finally woke him up he was miserable. To be fair he was getting over a cold.

Left Page

Quite honestly the only things that made him happy that day were the cake and balloons! He spent almost an hour in his high chair devouring the huge piece of cake we gave him! I really wanted to capture the highlights of his party with embellishments so you can see I added some button balloons and a frosty cupcake to the left page of this layout.

Right Page

For the balloons I started out by stamping balloons on the layout using Indian Corn Blue Ink and then topping each one with a button threaded with white thread. I used the thread to hold the balloon bouquet together and held them down with a stamped start popped up with 3-D foam tape.

For the cupcake, I stamped the wrapper using Cranberry Ink onto a punched 2" scallop circle. I also stamped the cupcake top and used Liquid Applique and my heat gun to create frosting. It's hard to tell in the picture but before I heat set the Liquid Applique I sprinkled a little bit of Prisma Glitter on the frosting to give it a little sparkle.


Thanks for checking out my layout today! The entire layout was completed using the Fanfare Workshop On the Go Kit (WOTG). All WOTG kits include a full level 2 paper pack, an exclusive B-size stamp set, a full pack of embellishments and an instruction guide for making layouts, cards or both! Check out the full kit HERE.

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Fanfare
Stamps: Fanfare WOTG
Ink: Indian Corn Blue, Cranberry
Other: 2" Scallop Circle Punch, Liquid Applique, Heat Gun, Prisma Glitter, Embrodiery Floss (Neutral Assortment)

2 comments:

  1. I really like your button balloons and puffy frosting - great layout!

    ReplyDelete