Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Reflections of Me Scrapbook Layout


As scrapbookers we tend to create layouts about everyone but us. Last year I made an album for my hubby's 40th birthday, a little retrospective of the first 25 years of his life (after that it's part of our family scrapbooks). This year I decided to it was time to finally make one about me.


I've tried doing this in the past but for some reason it just didn't feel right. But, thanks to THIS inspiring post and awesome sketch I completed my cover page! I picked three photos from three distinct periods of my life and wrote a little about each (you can  click on the photo for a larger version to read the journaling).


I stuck pretty close to the sketch and used the Charlotte line to complement the photos. The color palette and patterns are pretty timeless and work well with the colors in my photos.


The title is from the Paper Fundamentals Basic Line. The foil alphabet is simply gorgeous! It's a perfect addition and the inspiration for the title, "Reflections of Me."

I look forward to completing and sharing more of this special album. I hope it inspires you to pull out some old photos and create something from your past.

~Michelle Battitori

Project Recipe (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Charlotte (X7205B), Cashmere Cardstock (X5932), Slate Cardstock (X5930)
Stamps: n/a
Ink: n/a
Other: Pink Enamel Gems (Z3091), Charlotte Compliments (X7205C), Whisper Thick Twine (Z3095), Fundamental Sticker Pack-Basic (Z3166), Keyboard Craft Alphabets (retired), Dimensional Elements Stars (retired), Treasured Puffies (Z3203), 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Journaling Pen





No comments:

Post a Comment