Sunday, June 17, 2012

QT With My Dad

A few weeks ago I had the absolute pleasure of going to the Caps vs. Rangers playoff game with my dad. It was an amazing experience...and not just because the caps won, or because we were seated next to the players families. It was because I was with my dad.


I'm lucky that my parents live about 20 minutes away and I see them pretty regularly. They are both there when we need help with the kids and they almost always come to our kids events. But, I rarely get to do one-on-one things with my dad. He's working...I'm working. It just never seems to work out.

My dad has taught me so much about life. He made sure I understood very early on that the word "can't" is not part of my vocabulary...when things seem tough you just have to stay determined and finish it through or find an alternate way to do it. I'm sure all the times growing up when my persistance was somewhat of an annoyance I bet he was secretly patting himself on the back. And he very well should. After 20+ years in the Air Force, almost 40 years of marriage, and raising two happy daughters he deserves one! Thanks dad for all you do! I love you!!

Happy Father's Day to you and to all the amazing dad's out there...especially my husband, Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment