Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mojo Monday 246 & A Punchy Birthday Card




I knew when I saw this sketch I wanted to add some fun punching to my card. I started by stamping the present image from the Party Pennants stamp set on three Wooden Badge Buttons. Then, I placed them on the card front and marked where I wanted to punch the three 1 1/2" circles. You could easily adhere the buttons to the front but I liked the fun affect it gives when you open the card. I finished off by heat embossing a birthday sentiment to the card front.


On a side note, the buttons are self adhesive and are slightly rounded so if you do any stamping on them you need to make sure to "rock" the outside of the image to get full coverage.


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Fanfare (retired), Black Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: Party Pennants
Ink: Cranberry, Black
Other: 1 1/2" Circle Punch, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Wooden Badge Buttons, Designer Ribbon-Blue
Collection

Here's the sketch:


1 comment:

  1. such a clever card, luv what you did with the sketch. hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete