Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Father's Day Card

I found this great sketch at the Freshly Made Sketches blog and used it to make my husband's Father's Day Card this year.


Isn't the stamp set adorable? It's from the new Superhero line at CTMH. At first when I saw it I thought it would only work for kids playing dress-up but now that I have it I see summer photos, 4th of July layouts and fun masculine and boy cards like this.

If you'd like to make a card similar here are my measuremens for a standard A2 card:
  • Base Card: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
  • Cranberry Cardstock: 3 1/2" x  2" (shortened by scallop border punch)
  • Black Mats: 4 1/2" x 3" and 3 7/16" x 2 1/2"
  • Pattern Paper: 4 3/8" x 2 13/16"
  • White Cardstock: 2 3/8" x 3 3/8"
Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:Superhero Level 2, White Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Cranberry Cardstock
Stamps: Super Powers
Ink: Archival Black, Cranberry
Other: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Watercolor Pencils, Watercolor Pen, Bakers Twine - Neutral Assortment

Here's the fabulous sketch:


  

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome card! I love the super-hero image! It is a perfect masculine card! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father's need super powers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a PERFECT Father's Day card! Dad's really are like Super Man sometimes and you card really sums it up. :) Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Dads are super heroes right? And what a super fun card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is outstanding! Perfect card for Father's Day in every way. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This is awesome and so perfect for a dad! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! Thanks for reminding me Father's Day is this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete