Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Conserving Paper Tip


As I was working on my project for my scrapbook club I realized the Lucy WOTG uses the beautiful two-sided pattern paper as the layout base. My stingy self couldn't dare part with the backside of this paper...I see cards being made with it after all. So, I wanted to share a little way I conserve my paper in situations like this.

First I got all my supplies ready and laid them out according to the sketch guides.


Then, I used a pencil to lightly mark where the edges of the layers are and added another mark approximately 1" in from all sides. After that I used my paper trimmer to cut to the marked corners and popped out the center piece. Voila...another beautiful piece of pattern paper to use for something else!



In my example I cut out the entire area underneath which didn't leave anything for the connecting pieces to hold onto (oops). No worries though, I just flipped the page over added a few pieces of scotch tape to reinforce and connect the pieces. Once this puppy is in my album nobody will ever know.


What do you think? Can you tell part of the background paper is missing???

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Lucy Paper Kit
Stamps: Lucy WOTG, The Works Alphabet
Ink: Grey Wool
Other: Bitty Sparkles, Cricut Art Philosophy, Lucy Complements Rub-Ons, 3D Foam Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment