Sunday, August 21, 2011

1 Card Sketch 2 Ways


August Card Club Finished Project
The other day I showed you the card box my card club made. Today I want to show you the cards we put inside. First we started out with this card sketch (be kind it's my first posted sketch!):



The first card pretty much stuck exactly to the card sketch.



To give the butterfly some depth I stamped it twice on pattern paper using the Fill In the Blank stamp set. Then I gently bent the wings and popped up one of the butterflies with 3-D foam tape, placing it directly on top of the other image. Sort of gives it the look of a flying butterfly right? I also added some clear Bitty Sparkles to the butterfly.



I changed the 2nd card by rotating the sketch 90 degrees for a vertical orientation. I followed the same process above for the butterfly but angled it to the side of the matting. And, as you can see I knotted my ribbon for a little something extra.


To complete my project I dressed up my envelopes a bit by stamping a smaller butterfly image on the outside and lined the insides of my envelopes with coordinating paper. Here's the template I used to line the envelopes.


Hope you enjoy. I'd love to know what you thought!

~Michelle

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Bliss (retired), Vineyard Berry Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock
Stamps: Bohemian Alphabet (E1019), Fill in the Blank (D1465)
Ink: Vineyard Berry (Z2157), Grey Flannel (Z2124)
Other: Bliss Level 2 Assortment (Z1355), Black Grosgrain Ribbon (Z1101), Bitty Sparkles (Z1263)
To purchase any of these supplies please contact me or visit my website today!

No comments:

Post a Comment