Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Graduation Card


My dear husband volunteered me to make a graduation card for a friend who recently received her Master's Degree. I was a little stumped on what to do so after browsing Pinterest I found THIS ONE and knew I had to CASE it (Copy and Steal Everything).

I started by cutting Champagne Cardstock at 10" x 7" and scoring on the 10" side to create a 5" x 7" card. I cut Black Cardstock to 5" x 7" and embossed it with the Quatrefoil folder. I did the same thing with the 3" x 3" Black Cardstock piece I used for the cap.


The neckline on the gown took me a minute to figure out but once I realized it was a pennant/triangle shape it came together pretty quickly. I used Cricut Design space and the Artiste Cartridge for my card. You could do the same thing with the Cricut Craft Room and any triangle shape.

I finished off the card with a homemade tassel and a bit of stamping using the Happy Couple (D1539)  and Card Chatter - Love (retired) stamp sets. I used some Opaque Pearls from my stash as a mock pearl necklace.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

~Michelle Battitori

No comments:

Post a Comment