Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Picture My Life - An Introduction


I know I've featured Picture My Life (PML) on my blog before but I haven't been very good at posting my layouts and updates using this program. So, every Wednesday I've decided to do just that in a weekly "series."  Sometimes I'll just be sharing my pages and other times I'll be sharing tips and techniques I've learned along the way. Before I get started with all my pictures here's a little synopsis of what Picture My Life is:

 Picture My Life is meant for quick, and beautiful memory-keeping in the form of pocket-style scrapbooking! It's not meant to be a replacement for traditional scrapbooking. It's something completely separate (although I believe it coordinates beautifully in your traditional albums). It's great if you don't consider yourself "creative" or a "scrapbooker" since the bulk of the work is done for you! And, as an added bonus, you'll be able to finish a whole album in just a couple of hours!

 
Album Cover

Backside of Album Cover

Now that you know what it is you may be wondering how it all works! I've broken it out in 3 easy steps:
  1.  Gather your supplies: 4" x 6" or 3" x 4" photos, PML set*, journal pens, and pocket-style memory protectors
  2. Add your photos to your pages. I'm choosing to do a weekly-style chronological album but you can opt for a different method if that suits you. Plus, since you aren't permanently adhering your photos you can always move your photos around if need be!
  3.  Go back and add in your PML cards and journaling!


These are the beginning pages of my 2014 Family Album. You may remember last year I attempted the same method with a different brand of products and I found I spent more time embellishing the cards instead of recording my memories. I'm not going to lie...I was a tad disappointed with the amount of time it was taking me and I stopped halfway through the year.

So why am I trying it again? Simple. I LOVE the CTMH kits! The cards are just gorgeous and they match my style perfectly. Honestly, I think the hardest part of this program is deciding with gorgeous card to use! I can focus on my day-to-day life and our family memories instead of trying to "pretty it up."


Thanks for staying with me and I hope you'll join me in this series. Next week we'll talk about all the PML themes available.

~Michelle

If you'd like to learn more about Picture My Life or purchase any of the products featured please visit my web-store HERE.

*Each PML set comes with the following items:
  • 44 - 4" x 6" Cards (2 each of 22 designs)
  • 78 - 3" x 4" Cards (3 each of 26 designs)
  • 1 - 12" x 12" Designed Cover Sheet
  • 10 - 12" x 12" Memory Protectors (various designs)

No comments:

Post a Comment