Monday, November 25, 2013

Burlap Harvest Rag Wreath

I finally finished this burlap wreath...just in time for Thanksgiving! It was a lot of fun to make (although quite messy with burlap) and pretty easy too.

The banner was a last minute addition which I cut from the Cricut Artiste cartridge. It was based on artwork from the 2012 Autumn/Winter Idea Book (love keeping old copies for inspiration).

The pieces were cut at 4", letters at 2" and argyle pieces at 1 1/4". It's hard to tell in the photo but I sponged each banner piece with Brown Bag Ink and then used re-inker and my spray pen for some added texture. I finished off each piece with some Bronze Glitter Glue and Hemp.

The white burlap roses were so easy. You can search You Tube for lots of different instructions and techniques. I added a CTMH pearl to the center of each for some added bling...on my daughter's recommendation! The roses were hot glued to the wreath. I was a little worried they wouldn't stay but a very windy day tested it and they stayed perfectly!

 Thanks for looking and having a fantastic Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment