Saturday, May 4, 2013

His & Hers Thinking of You Cards


 Another tip I've learned in the online card class His & Hers is to use texture. So, for these two cards  I decided to have a little experiment to see if I kept the same color scheme and used the same materials if changing the texture really did make a difference. I took out my Sizzix and embossing folders and decided to use Freshly Made Sketch #84 which was a prefect fit for this open background card.


I did a couple of different techniques with these cards. For the "Hers" version I inked the embossing folder with Desert Sand Ink then ran it through the Sizzix, something the very talented Vicki W did with THIS card.  It gives the card such a soft, vintage feel.


For the "His" card I used a different embossing folder and then sanded the cardstock to reveal the white core. I went simple with the embellishments and simply added a button tied with waxy flax.

So, what do you think? Did I succeed with my experiment? Leave me a comment and let me know.

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): 
Paper: Sweet Leaf Cardstock, Desert Sand Cardstock
Stamps: Card Chatter - Sympathy
Ink: Dessert Sand
Other: Brown Ribbon (retired), White Daisy Flower, Autumn Flowers, Natural Buttons, Waxy Flax, Glue Dots, Sizzix Big Shot, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders

2 comments:

  1. Great job of creating his and hers cards. Both are wonderful! I love how with just a few changes, it can go from masculine to feminine. Perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. I'm really lovin' the look of the ink embossing. Adds a nice softness and variation in the colour. Thanks for the shout-out, too. :)

    ReplyDelete