Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project Life Weeks 2 & 3

The last couple of weeks at our house have been full of ear infections and some form of the flu so I've been a little behind in completing and sharing my Project Life layouts.

Week 2


Week 2's layout was pretty basic. I kept the stamping on my journal cards to a minimum and added more photos to the 3" x 4" journal slots. I also cut a sheet of banners strips with the help of my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and Cricut Craft Room to aid in my journaling.

Week 2 - Left Page
 I dug through my stash and found some great dimensional elements to add to a filler card. It already had a resist pattern stamped on it so all I had to do was sponge some color on it to match my paper!

Week 2 - Right Page
Week 3
Week 3
For Week 3 I changed things up a bit. I had a lot of photos to share so instead of daily journal cards I created a week in a review card. I also ventured into adding text on my photos. I don't have Photoshop so I used Picassa, a free software editing program, to add journaling directly to my photo.

Week 3 - Left Page

Week 3 - right page
We celebrated my son's 3rd birthday (kind of cool that week 3 including a 3rd birthday!) twice...once with friends and once with just us on his actual birthday so I had A LOT of photos. I wanted to include my favorites so I added a little mini-album insert with 4 x 6 flip flaps. Cool right?!

Mini Insert - Top

Mini Insert - 2nd page

Mini Insert - 3rd Page

Mini Insert - last page
I love that I can include an additional 6 photos without much bulk! The mini insert is kept closed with a stamped embellishment popped up with 3D foam tape.

I'm truly enjoying this Project Life Experience! Thanks for taking the time to look through all my photos. Would love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment