Friday, March 18, 2011

Punched Scallop Flower Tutorial & Birthday Card


I'm always looking for new ways to use my tools and after some quick searching on YouTube found a new use for the 2" scallop punch.


Want to know how I did it? Start out by punching a scallop flower out of cardstock. Then, use scissors to cut along every second scallop towards the center. Don't cut all the way to the middle though. Then, flip the flower over and gently use your bone folder to rub small circles along each petal until they start to curl up. Flip back over and distress the petals with ink and a sponge. Voila! Super simple right??!!

To finish the card I punched two ovals out of Olive Green Cardstock and used my bone folder to "draw" lines. Then I used my sanding tool to expose the white core which I very quickly covered with Olive ink. I also stamped on CTMH's large canvas badge buttons and adhered it to the center of my flower. Quick, easy, and super cute!

Here's the list of all supplies used (all supplies are from CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Tools: 2" Scallop Punch, Bone Folder
Paper: Mayberry Level 2, Cotton Candy Cardstock, Olive Cardstock
Stamps: Party Pennants
Ink: Cocoa, Honey, Cotton Candy, Olive
Other: Canvas Badge Buttons, Cocoa Ribbon

~Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Love this flower! I'll have to try that out. Would love to share it in my newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! I am always inspired but what you do and am flattered you want to share in your newsletter. Go right ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Michelle, and love the unique use of the scallop punch. I'm going to have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post on the scalloped flower. Hope you enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete