Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mojo Monday Sketch

Yes, I realize it's pretty early Saturday morning but sometimes that's the only time I get to create. My friend Teri calls herself The Midnight Artist...maybe I should change my blog name to The Early Morning Creator! Just kidding but I do wish I could sleep in on the weekends once in awhile.

It's no secret I love to use sketches to help me create. Back when I started scrapbooking and cardmaking I thought it was cheating but now I just realize it's smart. I'd much prefer to use what little creative time I have to actually make something usable. With that being said here's a sketch from Mojo Monday that I was inspired by:


And here's my take on it. I literally had only 15 minutes to make this while my pizza was in the oven last night!

I modified it slightly but think I stayed pretty true to the design. I used the Wings Level 2 Assortment to create a rolled flower. If you want to try this flower make sure to use several glue dots or strong adhesive to hold it on the base.

Supply List (All Close To My Heart unless specified):
Paper: Wings Level 2, Black Cardstock
Stamp: Cherished Flourishes
Ink: Archival Black
Other: 2" Scallop Circle Punch, Wings Level 2 Assortment (Z1398), White Daisy Sassy Strands (retired), Filigree Charms (Z1269), Licorace Opaques (Z1335), Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment