Sunday, March 6, 2016

Watercolor Blog Hop

Welcome to the Watercolor Blog Hop! Today approximately 30 CTMH consultants will be showcasing different ways to use watercolor paints and pencils in their projects. If you've arrived from  { Helen Gullett's } blog you are on the right track. For a complete list of hoppers please visit Melinda's post { HERE }



I love how bold watercolors can look on a scrapbook layout so today I made one featuring my daughter and me. Her love of rainbows and bright colors was the inspiration for the focal piece of the layout! 


To create it I started out with an 8.5" x 8.5" piece of watercolor paper and 
lightly drew diagonal lines from the right side of the page 3" from the bottom. I wasn't too careful to stay within the lines and overlapped the colors adding more water here and there to lighten and blend between shades. That's kind of the beauty of watercoloring...it can be as fine and soft or bold and graphic. I think this layout fits somewhere in between!


Thanks for checking out my project! Please continue on to { Vickie ODell's } blog to see what she's created. To purchase any of the products used on this layout please contact your CTMH Consultant or visit my webpage, www.michellebattitori.ctmh.com.


Project Recipe (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Watercolor Paper (Z3146), White Daisy Cardstock (1385), Paper Fundamentals-Enchantment (Z3126)
Stamps: none
Ink: none
Other: Watercolor Paints (Z3132), Paintbrush Set (Z3188), Diagonal Striped Ribbon (Z1989), Purple Glitter Gems (Z1936), Fundamental Stickers-Enchantment (Z3164)


No comments:

Post a Comment